Zero Tolerance 0055 Hidden Flipper Titanium Knife
- Blade Length: 3.75″ (9.5 cm)
- Closed Length: 5.0″ (12.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.75″ (22.2 cm)
- Blade Material: CPM-S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.156″ (3.96 mm)
- Blade Style: Reverse Tanto
- Blade Grind: Compound
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Bead Blasted Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 5.0 oz. (141.7 g)
- Designer: Gustavo T. Cecchini
- Made in the USA
- The Zero Tolerance 0055 is unlike anything you’ve ever seen—unless you’ve seen the exciting Airborne folder by Gus T. Cecchini of GTC Knives. And while the Airborne was where we started, the ZT-GTC collaboration took off from there.
The result is the new 0055, which offers dramatic aerodynamic lines on both blade and handle and ZT’s meticulous precision build. The dynamic blade is S35VN stainless steel, a formula that provides enhanced toughness and resistance to edge chipping with no loss of wear resistance. It is rich in niobium, vanadium, and chromium carbides and ensures the 0055 has a sharp, long-lasting edge.
The handles are 3D machined titanium with a titanium frame lock and hardened steel lockbar insert. The custom backspacer is anodized aluminum in bright sky blue.
And yes, the 0055 features Gus’ SLT hidden flipper tab. While the knife is closed, the flipper is concealed. When you’re ready to open it, pull back on the SLT. A spring flips the tab up into position. Then just pull back on the tab and the 0055 opens just like any other ZT. The hidden SLT ensures there’s no flipper tab poking up along the spine or beneath the handle to interrupt the sleek lines of the 0055. The 0055’s blade glides out of the handle on ZT’s KVT ball-bearing system, ready for use. The action is similar to a two-stage rifle trigger and is completely addicting.
To complete this exemplary knife, we added a left/right reversible bent titanium clip.